NSA IMAGE COMPETITIONS
Image competitions are a long-time tradition of the annual NSA conventions. Receiving an award and recognition at NSA has been considered a highly regarded achievement that adds stature to an artist's resume.
There are five categories of image competitions at 3D-Con 2019:
- 3D Exhibit Competition: Our modern and vintage card competition.
Please note: Anaglyphs, phantograms and any other non-card images now belong in the Art Gallery.
- On-Site Image Competition: We are continuing the fun tradition of the 3D-Con On-Site Image Competition this year. Take as many digital pairs as you desire during your stay in the Akron/Canton area and enter your favorites/best before 12:00 PM, Saturday, August 3, 2019 in the Image Prep Room. While not an official requirement, we encourage everyone to try and capture the mood of 3D-Con in their images. A special prize will be awarded to our 1st Place Winner. Please read the Official Rules that are listed on the entry form. Computers will be available with StereoPhoto Maker installed to assist you with formatting your entries. Entry forms will be available in the Image Prep Room. If the Image Prep Room is full, we will limit your time on the computer to about 20 minutes. We look forward to seeing your images!
3D On-Site Tuesday Tour Image Competition: We have recently started a new competition to encourage our guests to take full advantage of our Tuesday Tours, July 30, 2019, and show their best 3D work. This year, we will be enjoying a morning tour of Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens with a separate afternoon/evening tour to Canal Park to watch the hometown Akron RubberDucks take on the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. Both tours offer fantastic 3D opportunities. Details of these tours can be found on the Excursion tab on this website. Similar to the On-Site Competition, entrants can submit up to four images and a special prize will be awarded to the best image. Official rules are on this entry form:
- 3D Digital Image Showcase: A digital image competition open to all. You are invited to enter the 2019 3D Digital Image Showcase, a competition which will be presented at the NSA 3D-Con in Akron, Ohio. Each entrant can submit up to six digital images, and all entries will be shown in 3D Theater. Prizes, to be determined, will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place images. Entry Rules:
- 3D Theater Competition: Programs submitted to be shown in Stereo Theater are eligible for several awards (at the discretion of the Theater chair).
- SSA Card Competition: The SSA sponsors a separate stereocard competition with PSA Star recognition.
PARALLEL View. Change to Cross View
Stan Hywet Hall
Image by John Bueche